Anandwan is located 2 km away from Warora town and about 110 km (1.5 hours' drive) from Nagpur.
If you would like to visit us, it is important that you please contact Mr. Sitakant Prabhu on +91-9011094626 or by writing to him on firstname.lastname@example.org sufficiently in advance so we can make adequate arrangements for your visit.
Please note that we will be unable to provide accommodation to visitors without prior intimation.
Accommodation will be provided on sharing basis subject to availability. Standard rooms with basic facilities are available at various locations inside campus. There is a common dining hall that provides very good quality vegetarian meals, tea and breakfast. Visitors have to pay towards meals and accommodation.Indoor sports material, internet facility and other basic needs are available on request.
The closest railway station from Anandwan is Warora (station code WRR). Rickshaws are available to and from Anandwan. The Sewagram Express runs daily from CST Mumbai and takes about 14 hours to Warora. The Anandwan Super Fast Express runs every Monday from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus, Mumbai and halts at Warora.
The airport closest to Anandwan is the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport at Nagpur (NAG), 110 kms away. Taxis are available outside the airport and can be arranged till Anandwan with prior intimation. Alternatively, State Transport buses between Nagpur and Warora run frequently and can be boarded near the airport.
Regular overnight sleeper buses, operated by private companies, run between Pune and Warora. Warora is connected to many other regional towns and cities by the State Transport bus network.
Visit other projects of MSS
It takes a minimum four days to visit all the MSS projects.
Distances of other Projects from Anandwan:
- Somnath: 110 kilometers
- Hemalkasa: 250 kilometers
- Mulgavan: 70 kilometers
- Ashokwan: 83 kilometers
- Nagepalli: 60 kilometers from Hemalkasa
Best Season to Visit: July to March
April to June is very hot. Temperature ranges around 40-48 degrees Centigrade. Rest of the year it is pleasant.
- Volunteers are expected to respect people with disabilities and adapt their pace to suit their lifestyles.
- Consumption of alcohol and tobacco in any form is prohibited in MSS premises.
- To maintain communal harmony and promote secularism, Anandwan strongly discourages discrimination based on caste and religion; though people may practice their own religion privately.
- Although most of the residents are leprosy afflicted, they are 100% cured, and their past disease is not communicable. It is utmost required not to criticize anybody based on disability or stigma.
- To break the stigma related to leprosy and disability, Anandwan residents invest a lot in maintaining cleanliness of premises, tree plantations and in creation conservation of water through voluntary labor. Visitors are expected to participate in such community activities to keep it a clean and safe place.
- We do not tolerate indecent behavior towards females of all ages.
For other inquiries, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Or you can contact Mr. Sitakant Prabhu (+91-9011094626) / Shaukat Khan (+91-9011094635) between 8:00am-11:30am and 2:30pm-5:00pm on working days.