Education at Hemalkasa
The Lok Biradari Prathamik, Madhyamik Ashram Shala & Junior College, Hemalkasa was established a residential school in the year 1976, to make the students and the community aware of their rights and to prevent them from being exploited by various contractors.
The school was granted recognition by the Government as a Prathamik Shala on the 23rd of December 1986, as a Madhyamik Shala on 4th January 1992 & as a Junior College on 20th October 2003.Separate hostel facility for boys and girls is provided in the school premises for all who stay here during their academic year. Facilities like a library, a solar powered computer lab and a laboratory are also available.
Students at Lok Biradari Prakalpa School & Junior college have made their mark in SSC & HSC examination results. In the SSC & HSC examination results for the academic year 2014-15, the pass percentage of the school was 100%.
We are proud that two of the students at the school Sachin Toppa (91.4 %) & Shyamsundar Alam (87%) have stood 1st & 2nd respectively in Nagpur division in the SSC exam. Sachin Toppa was awarded with a cheque of Rs.35,000/- by the Government of Maharashtra for his remarkable achievement in the SSC examination.
In the HSC exam in the same year, Rakesh Rama Mudma scored 78% and has stood 2nd in the Nagpur division.
achievements in sports
- 5 girls & 3 boys from primary & secondary school, who were selected by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) at a selection process in February 2015, were admitted the academic year 2015-16 for further education.
- On the 30th August 2015 2 students received bronze medal at the state level games held at Nagpur.
- Students from the LBP school represented the school at taluka level in Volleyball on 26th August 2015 under 14 and 17 conducted at Laheri, Bhamragad district and won both under 14 & under 17.
- Lok Lok Biradari students once again earned the title of ‘Champions’ by winning the Champions Trophy 9th time in divisional sports event held at Sports complex, Bhandara from 1st to 3rd December 2015.
- Nutan Kudyami, a 10th class student of LBP, Hemalkasa won gold medal in 1500 mtr running race at state level sports competition organized by the Adivasi Vikas Vibhag.